See what people are saying—news, blogs, opinions, updates and more.
Check back often to get the latest on what’s happening across the river.
- Media CoverageWHYYWilmington’s ‘other’ riverfront gets funding to build out sewer infrastructure
The work to get Riverfront East to that level now begins in earnest with an overhaul of the east side’s sewer system. Read more.
- Media CoverageWDEL OnlineA statement to the world. Officials mark Wilmington Riverfront East Salvation Army project, literally
With construction of their new campus hub fully underway, the Salvation Army invited local, state, and federal leaders and organization heads to a special event Friday so all involved in securing the new state-of-the-art facility could leave their mark on it forever. Read more.
- Media CoverageDelaware Town Square LiveSalvation Army beam raising marks start of Riverfront East development
Officials on Friday signed a beam that will help support the $19 million Salvation Army development on Riverfront East, marking another step in the development’s 86.3-acre addition to Wilmington. The campus, which is being built by and funded by the Riverfront Development Corp., is expected to be finished in August 2022. Read more.
- Media AdvisoryDelaware Public MediaBeam raising for new Salvation Army campus marks start of 'Riverfront East' development in Wilmington
Redevelopment of Wilmington’s second riverfront is underway with construction of a new campus for the Salvation Army. Public officials celebrated the progress toward “Riverfront East” with a beam raising ceremony Friday. Read more.
- Media CoverageDelaware OnlineBeam signed to mark new Salvation Army location in Wilmington
A commemorative beam was signed Friday morning in Wilmington to mark The Salvation Army's new Wilmington location. Read more.
- Media CoverageDelaware Business TimesRDC celebrates next chapter in Salvation Army Campus
WILMINGTON — A bright red beam — with a tiny Christmas tree perched on top of it — was laid on top of the future Salvation Army warehouse Friday morning, marking a new chapter in the Wilmington Riverfront’s revival. Read more.
- Media CoverageDelaware OnlineRiverfront East: It's the right time—at the right place—to rebuild
Riverfront Development Corporation Executive Director, Megan McGlinchey, shares insights. One question we’ve been asked frequently since sharing our master plan concerns the proposed development of approximately 1.9 million square feet of office space within Riverfront East. Read more.
- Media CoverageWHYY$100 million overhaul planned for Wilmington’s ‘other’ riverfront
Since the mid-1990s, the western bank of the Christina River in Wilmington has been transformed from a polluted, industrial site with vacant lots and empty warehouses into a hotspot with a movie theatre, minor league baseball park, high-end apartments, and hip restaurants. Read more.
- Media CoveragePhiladelphia YIMBYWilmington, DE Reveals 4,291-Unit Mixed-Use Riverfront East Master Plan
A master plan has been revealed in Wilmington, the most populous city in the the state of Delaware, located at the southwest periphery of the Philadelphia metro area, for an all-new neighborhood that will transform the Christina River waterfront. Read more.
- Media CoverageThe PatchWilmington Mayor Purzycki Shares Important Announcement From The RDC About Riverfront East Expansion
Wilmington Mayor Mike Purzycki, who led the Riverfront Development Corporation (RDC) for 20 years during which time the west side of the Christina River was developed, participated with pride today as the current RDC leadership announced that the east side of the river will be developed beginning this summer. Read more.
- Media CoverageDelaware LiveWith West side of Wilmington Riverfront done, plans are unveiled for the East
The Riverfront Development Corp. on Friday announced plans for a $100 million, 86-acre expansion of the Wilmington riverfront on the east side of Christina that will include residential, retail and open space. The company, which spearheaded the development of the West side’s toxic, trashy industrial wasteland into a thriving community, already has bought several parcels of land to start the project. Read more.
- Media Coverage1st State UpdateRiverfront Development Corporation (RDC) Unveils Vision And Timeline For Riverfront East
Riverfront Development Corporation (RDC) unveiled comprehensive plans for Riverfront East. Much like RDC’s work along the west side of the river, the $100 million Riverfront East project will breathe life back into spaces that have long sat idle and develop their potential to elevate quality of life and opportunity for the region. Read more.
- Media CoverageWITN Channel 22Christina Riverfront to Expand: RDC Unveils Riverfront East Mayor Purzycki Shares Exciting News
Today, Riverfront Development Corporation (RDC) publicly unveiled comprehensive plans for Riverfront East, an 86.3-acre development of mixed-use opportunity, representing the next major land and economic development initiative along the Christina River in Wilmington. Read more.
- Media CoverageDelaware Business TimesRDC unveils $100M Riverfront East revitalization plan
A new $100 million project will revitalize the Riverfront East adjacent to the original Riverfront. Read more.
- Media CoverageWDEL NewsradioDelaware officials unveil plans for Riverfront East, Wilmington's next upgrade
The next phase of development along Wilmington's Christina Riverfront was unveiled Friday, May 14, 2021, a project that started with Riverfront West nearing completion after almost 25 years in the works. Read more.
- Media CoverageDelaware Business NowPlans unveiled for $100 million Riverfront East development in Wilmington
Riverfront Development Corporation has unveiled comprehensive plans for Riverfront East, an 86.3-acre development. Read more.
- Media CoveragePhiladelphia Business JournalWilmington begins $100M investment to spur more waterfront development
Wilmington plans to spend $100 million over the next several years on infrastructure and other improvements to prepare 86.3 acres of its waterfront along the Christina River for future development. Read more.
- Media CoverageDelaware OnlineWilmington's Riverfront to expand east with new $100 million, 86-acre mixed-use project
A $100 million Riverfront East project was announced Friday, which will cover 86 acres and mirror the established Riverfront with mixed-use development including homes (4,291 residential units), office space (1.9 million square feet) and retail (357,000 square feet). Read more.
- Press Release
Riverfront Development Corporation (RDC) Unveils Vision and Timeline for Riverfront East in Wilmington, Starting with Several Public Infrastructure Projects
With Riverfront West now active, RDC begins building the next frontier of revitalization, establishing a thriving, sustainable community along the Christina River. Read more.
Learn more about available lots, the future of the Riverfront East development project and how to get involved.See what’s available
Get in touch
For questions, comments, press inquiries or any other concerns, please feel free to reach out.Contact us